Travelling to India during COVID-19 pandemic
1. The following passengers are allowed to enter:
- nationals of Bhutan, India, Maldives and Nepal;
- passengers with a residence permit issued by India;
- passengers with a visa or an E-visa issued by India;
- passengers with an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card or booklet;
- passengers with a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card;
- passengers with a diplomatic passport.
2. Passengers must complete the self-declaration form before departure. They must select ‘Air Suvidha' on https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration
3. Passengers must have a printed negative COVID-19 CRISPR, RT-LAMP or RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
The test must be uploaded at www.newdelhiairport.in
- This does not apply to:
- passenger younger than 5 years;
- passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated.
The certificate must be issued in Albania, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chad, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Eswatini, Fiji, Finland, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (Rep.), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (Rep.), Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Macedonia (Rep.), Oman, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Paragua.
4. Tourist visas with a validity of 10 years are no longer valid.
- This does not apply to nationals of Japan and USA.
5. Tourist visas issued to nationals of China (People's Rep.) are no longer valid.
6. E-Tourist visas are valid for the following passengers:
- nationals of Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Isl., Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Isl., Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Rep.), Lao People's Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Marshall Isl., Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States), Moldova (Rep.), Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Niue, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Fed., Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Isl., South Africa, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Isl., Tuvalu, USA, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City (Holy See), Venezuela, Viet Nam, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- passengers with a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport;
- passengers with "The Palestinian Authority" passport.
7. Passengers must provide hard copy of visa as immigration does not accept/allow soft copy.
8. Passengers should wear medical face masks in the terminal building.
The above requirements are subject to change without prior notice. Please check IATA Travel Centre website before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from.