For the attention of passengers travelling to Azerbaijan on special flights of AZAL during COVID-19 Pandemic.
Following persons on the list are allowed on these flights:
- Citizens of Azerbaijan;
- Heads and staff of foreign embassies and consulates accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their family members;
- Diplomatic travel document issued by the United Nations.
- Travelling with diplomatic passport;
- Travelling based on special permission issued by the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan;
- Foreign citizens, one of whose parents, siblings, spouse, children, grandparents or grandchildren are citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, also family members of those passengers (parents, spouse or children);
- Foreign citizens who have a work permit in Azerbaijan;
- Foreign citizens with a temporary or permanent residence permit in Azerbaijan, also family members of those passengers (parents, spouse or children under the age of 18 years).
Сitizens of the following countries (including stateless persons): Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong-Kong (PRC), Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan and Venezuela will be also accepted on special flights of the airline in accordance with passport and visa rules of Azerbaijan Republic and the conditions mentioned below:
Passengers over 18 years old - the presence of a COVID-passport (an official certificate confirming the completion of the full course of vaccination (only J&J/Janssen and Sputnik Light a single dose), official certificate of recovery from COVID-19) or certificate of contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination. COVID-passport, immune certificate or certificate of contraindication to C0VID-19 vaccination must have electronic verification attributes and must be issued by the state only. These documents will be checked during check-in at the airport.
For Transit Passenger(s), travelling via Baku (GYD) the rules/conditions governing entry at the final destination of the transit passenger(s) shall be applicable. Passengers must check the IATA Travel Centre before flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country they are travelling to. If the destination country requires PCR test, QR code on the certificate is desirable, since it allows to get detailed information about the PCR test result more quickly. Thus, passengers who present a certificate with QR code embedded will pass through border control faster, since this unique code will provide full information about their PCR test results.
Under the existing requirements, passengers presenting certificates of negative PCR test results for COVID-19 without QR code embedded are expected to undergo a more thorough check. Passengers should note that such check will require additional time to be carried out.