1. All passengers (including citizens of Kazakhstan and persons holding residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan, arriving to Kazakhstan from the foreign countries should have a negative PCR test certificate (no more than 72 hours should pass from the day the result is issued till the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan). PCR test certificate must be in English, Russian or Kazakh languages.
This does not apply to:
• Citizens and residents of Kazakhstan who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Kazakhstan;
• For international transit passengers via Kazakhstan.
• passengers younger than 5 years if accompanied by a person with a negative COVID-19 PCR test result.
• according to the Decree of the Chief Sanitary Doctor of the Republic of Kazakhstan as of 3 September 2021 vaccination passport/certificates of the citizens of the Argentine Republic, Hungary, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Moldova, Republic of San Marino, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Thailand, Turkish Republic and the Republic of Estonia are valid in the Republic of Kazakhstan. PCR is not needed for citizens of the mentioned countries if a full passport of vaccination is presented.
2. Foreign students may enter the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan if they have full vaccination against COVID-19, confirmed by a certificate / vaccination passport issued by the authorized body of the country of residence (NOTE: foreign students are required to have confirmation that he/she is a student of an educational institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan);
3. Passengers are subject to medical screening and must present a completed health questionnaire on arrival.
4. All passengers arriving to Kazakhstan from the foreign countries are required to familiarize themselves with the governmental sanitary and quarantine rules.
5. Until 31 December 2021, Visa exemptions for nationals of 57 countries have been suspended (British nationals and nationals of Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China (People's Rep.), Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, USA, United Arab Emirates, Vatican City (Holy See) and Vietnam with a normal passport). Please check the https://www.visakazakhstan.com before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements.
6. The admission of passengers to airports is allowed through the application “Ashyq”. Before arriving at the airport, we ask you to download the mobile application, register and check your status on the ashyq.kz website. Passengers with a green / blue status must arrive at the airport in advance to avoid delays in the process of admission to the terminal. Admission is subject to presentation at the entrance to the airport and scanning of a special QR code to determine the status of the passenger. If the passenger does not have a smartphone, the status is checked by personal identification number with his consent in the information system. Passengers with yellow and red status will not be allowed to enter the airport.
7. The above requirements are provided by a third-party source and subject to change without prior notice. Please check the IATA Travel Centre before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from and arriving to.