About AZAL-Miles Programme
1. What is AZAL-Miles?
AZAL-Miles is the frequent flyer programme of Azerbaijan Airlines. AZAL-Miles programme members can earn travel points and status points by flying on Azerbaijan Airlines and Buta Airways.
2. What are travel points?
Travel points can be earned by members whenever they travel with tickets purchased and used on the flights of Azerbaijan Airlines or Buta Airways , and also when using the services of partners. Travel points are earned for every euro (€) of the base fare of the tickets (base fare - is the fare of the ticket excluding taxes and surcharges).
Travel points can be used to pay for reward tickets on scheduled flights of Azerbaijan Airlines.
3. What are status points?
Status points are collected on flights with Azerbaijan Airlines or Buta Airways, they cannot be exchanged for anything. They serve for upgrade/maintain membership statuses. Status points are earned on each flight; the value of status points is based on the destination and the class of travel.
4. What are bonus travel points?
Bonus travel points are the extra travel points that you earn once you upgrade from Classic membership to Gold or Platinum. Gold members earn an additional 100% and Platinum members earn an additional 200% of points, these additional points are identified within the membership statement as bonus travel points. These points are exactly the same as travel points; they have the same value and validity.
5. Are there flights where I do not receive travel and status points?
You cannot earn points on flights that are operated by other airlines, for charter flights or reward flights.
6. How do I qualify for higher levels of membership within the AZAL-Miles programme?
Earning status points in a membership year is the way to upgrade your membership status, the more status points you earn, the higher level of your membership will be.
7. What is a membership year?
Your membership runs from the date you register in the programme to the last day of the month in which you joined, in next year.
8. Do I qualify for access to the Azerbaijan Airlines business lounges?
On international flights of “Azerbaijan Airlines” at Heydar Aliyev Airport Gold and Platinum card holders during check-in providing their membership cards and boarding pass confirming flights together with their child and one family member (parent/ spouse or child under 12) can enjoy access to the business lounge at Heydar Aliyev Airport. Furthermore Platinum card holders save this benefit in all international airports on “Azerbaijan Airlines” international flights.
9. How do I register in the new programme?
To do this, visit www.azal.az (section AZAL-Miles, "Sign up") and fill the necessary form for participation in the programme. Registration also can be done via AZAL-Miles mobile application. After completing the registration the membership number and temporary password will be sent to the email address mentioned by You.
10. How do I complete re-registration in the programme?
To complete re-registration you need to send your AZAL-Miles membership number and e-mail address to our official e-mail address email@example.com (for example: 771000000000 - firstname.lastname@example.org) The request will be processed within one working day, after this we will send a temporary password to your address. You can complete re-registration on our web site www.azal.az (AZAL-Miles- Sign in profile) and on mobile app by using your AZAL-Miles membership number and temporary password.
11. If I have not received an e-mail notification, what should I do?
If you do not receive notification, please send your request to email@example.com or contact to +99 412-598-88-80.
12. If more than one card is registered using the same e-mail address, will new membership numbers be issued for each member?
With the flexibility of having up to 5 family members registered using the same e-mail address each family member will keep their existing membership number.
13. When I re-register, will a new membership number be given to me?
No, you will keep your existing membership number.
14. Is it possible to register in the AZAL-Miles programme with a mobile phone via SMS messages?
No. You can register only with an e-mail address in the program. Registration via SMS-message is not possible.
15. Is it possible to register or pass re-registration as a member of the AZAL-Miles programme using AZAL-Miles mobile app?
Yes, the mobile application is available for both IOS and Android devices and can be used to register or pass re-registration as a member of AZAL-Miles.
16. After re-registration are my previously accumulated points still valid?
For all existing members with a points balance, your points will be saved and available to redeem once you have activated your account by completing the re-registration process in full.
17. If I have not re-registered, do I continue to accumulate points on my account for my flights?
If you present your AZAL-Miles membership number when purchasing a ticket or at check-in desk, the points will be accumulated to your account.
18. How can I check the number of my accumulated points today?
On the website www.azal.az or AZAL-Miles mobil app, by logging into your personal account, you can check the amount of points on your account. Also you can contact to AZAL-Miles team +99 412-598-88-80.
19. Will I receive a new membership card?
All new members of the AZAL-Miles programme join the programme Classic members are not provided with a card. A new card will only be issued to existing Gold or Platinum members when they have successfully re-registered and activated their accounts.
20. If I am Gold or Platinum card holder, is my status retained in the new programme?
If you are a Gold of Platinum member, you will keep your existing member status in the new programme. However, to maintain your Gold / Platinum status you should earn necessary amount of status points before the expiry date shown on your new card.
21. How do I get new Gold or Platinum cards?
If you are currently a Gold or Platinum member and you have completed re-registration, within 20 days you will receive a new membership card which will be sent to the address you provided as part of your member registration.
22. While I am waiting for my new card what frequent flyer membership number should I use to purchase tickets?
Your membership number remains the same after re-registration process.
23. How many travel points will I earn from my flights?
Travel points are earned on the euro value of the ticket. For example, a Classic member will earn 200 points for a ticket purchased for €200 (excluding taxes, surcharges and airport charges).
Note: The amount of points earned will vary depending on the membership level, the higher levels of membership are, the more points are awarded per euro.
24. How do I know that I have earned the right amount points for a flight ticket purchased for my membership status?
On your statement, each month there will be a detailed breakdown of the flight/s. The statement description will provide a breakdown of the points earned by showing the travel points earned for the ticket purchase and the extra travel points earned based on your membership status, shown as bonus travel points in your statement.
A member that purchases a ticket for €500. There will be two entries on the statement:
1. An entry for the travel points earned (1 point per €1) for the ticket purchase of €500 = “500 Base Travel Points”
2. An entry for the bonus travel points earned based on the membership status:
Gold members: 100% bonus travel points = 500 points
Platinum members: 200% bonus travel points= 1000 points
For Classic members there are no bonus travel points.
Gold Member Statement Example:
Flight from Baku to Prague on flight (J2109/05AUG18)
Gold Tier travel points (Flight from Baku to Prague on flight (J2109/05AUG18)
25. Can I claim travel points for travel completed prior to my enrolment in the AZAL-Miles programme?
Members registered in the program have the opportunity to restore their points over the past 180 days for flights committed before signing up in the program. The interval of the last 180 days is counted from the date of sending the request for “not accrued points”
26. When will I receive points for my flights?
If your AZAL-Miles membership number is provided while making your reservation or at check-in, your points will be added to your AZAL-Miles account within 7 working days after the flight was done.
27. How can I earn points?
You qualify to earn travel and status points by flying on Azerbaijan Airlines or Buta Airways, and earn travel points by using Silk Way bank card or other program partners.
28. Can I earn points on code-share flights?
AZAL-Miles members earn points on all scheduled flights operated by Azerbaijan Airlines or Buta Airways.
29. Can I earn points if the name recorded on my AZAL-Miles profile and the name on my ticket is not identical?
No. To earn points, the name on your AZAL-Miles account should match the name on your ticket, except members of the family who are combined in a single family account.
Using Travel Points
30. How many days in advance do I need to book a reward ticket?
Reward tickets are available on a first customer served basis, as seats are limited, the earlier you make the booking the better the chances of us being able to meet your request. For both reward tickets and upgrades, using travel points require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice before scheduled departure.
31. How can I purchase reward ticket?
Reward tickets can be applied for through the designated travel agents or representations of Azerbaijan Airlines.
32. Can I use my points for another person?
No. Points can only be used by the member who earned the points, except members of the family who are combined in a single family account.
33. Is it possible to make date changes on reward tickets?
Only departure time and date of reward tickets can be changed. Gold and Platinum members can make these changes free of charge, but Classic members have to pay fees in the amount of 50 EUR (OW).
After departure all members of the programme can make the changes mentioned above in the reward ticket by paying fees in the amount of 75 EUR (OW).
34. What do I do if I have a reward ticket and I am not able to use it?
The passenger has possibility to change departure date within 24 hours prior to the flight. If the ticket is refunded, the points will not be restored to your account. For more detailed information about program rules, please visit www.azal.az
35. What is the validity of my reward ticket?
Reward tickets are valid for the specific flight and the specific destinations and dates.
36. How many travel points are required for a service class upgrade?
Please refer to the redemption table for details on the Azerbaijan Airlines website.
37. How can I upgrade my flight with travel points?
You are required to have a paid "Y" economy or business/comfort class ticket, you are then able to use travel points to upgrade to business/comfort or VIP Club classes by contacting the sales office that issued the original ticket.
38. How do I arrange an upgrade?
Reservations for upgrades can be made through Azerbaijan Airlines offices or designated sales offices upon presenting your membership number and your paid tickets.
39. Can I transfer my Points to another carrier's frequent flyer programme?
Currently it is not possible to transfer points to or from any other airline frequent flyer programme.
40. Do I receive a membership card?
Gold and Platinum members receive a physical membership card, Classic members will receive a virtual card via e-mail.
41. How many different membership statuses does the AZAL-Miles programme offer?
There are three statuses of membership in AZAL-Miles programme: Classic, Gold, and Platinum.
42. What is the validity of membership?
Classic membership is the first membership level, which is valid until the member is either upgraded or the membership lapses, when no flight is taken within 24-months’ period. Gold membership have an annual validity period and the Platinum membership has a two year validity.
43. How can I access my AZAL-Miles membership account?
Just use the web page www.azal.az (AZAL-Miles “Sign in profile”) and enter AZAL-Miles membership number with valid password. You also are able to sign in profile via AZAL-Miles mobile app.
44. How do I change my personal details (name, surname and birth date) on my AZAL-Miles account?
To change the personal details (name, surname and birth date, etc.) the member should send the membership number, copy of passport, the document confirming personal details changes to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact to Azerbaijan Airlines office providing mentioned documents.
45. How do I update my personal profile information?
You can update your personal profile details by logging in your membership account. Log in to your account and click on “Update Profile”.
46. How do I check the points registered under my account?
To find out details about your points balances log in to your member account and click on the ‘Statements’ option and this will provide details of transactions and balance for both travel and status points.
47. Are the benefits of AZAL-Miles membership valid only on Azerbaijan Airlines flights?
Yes, presently all benefits associated with membership are only available on the flights operated by Azerbaijan Airlines.
48. What is a code-share flight?
A “Code-Share” flight is a common form of co-operation amongst airlines, where one airline operates a flight with its aircraft, and the flight is published and independently sold through the designated partner of the operating airline and of its co-operation partner.
49. How can I claim missing points?
If the points haven’t been added automatically within 7 working days after the flight done, the member should send a copy of boarding pass (or e-ticket number) and membership number to email@example.com
50. When do my points expire?
Accrued travel points are valid for 36 months from the date of accrual to the balance.
Accounts with Classic status will obtain the status cancel, if any scheduled flight by “Azerbaijan Airlines” or partner airlines participating in the accrual of points is not be registered within 24 months. Avoid points cannot be restored.
51. Can I purchase travel or status points?
The purchase of travel or status points is not currently possible.
52. Can I merge membership accounts with another person?
You can earn and use points on your account both independently and together with your family members.
53. Where can I find the general rules of the programme?
Please visit the www.azal.az website and click on “Terms and Conditions” from the AZAL-Miles menu.
54. Who should I contact for my questions about AZAL-Miles?
Please contact the AZAL-Miles Call Centre +994125988880
55. When will the travel points earned from purchases made with my Silk Way Bank Card be credited to my AZAL-Miles account?
Points earned by using a Silk Way Bank credit card will be credited to your AZAL-Miles account monthly and within 10 days of your issued credit card statement.