Travelling to Ukraine during COVID-19 pandemic
Entry to Ukraine of foreigners, including holders of temporary residence permits, and stateless persons:
- All foreign citizens, regardless of the country of arrival and age to enter Ukraine must have a policy (proof, certificate) of insurance issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance company - a partner on the territory of Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs related to the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine.
- And also need to have one of the following documents:
- a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines included by WHO for use in emergency situations: Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria, AstraZeneca/ Covishield (India), AstraZeneca/ SKBio (South Korea), Moderna / Spikevax, Sinopharm (Vero Cell), CoronaVac (Sinovac); or
- a foreign COVID-19 certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines that are included in the WHO list of approved for use in emergency situations, a negative PCR-test result for COVID-19 or recovery of a person from COVID-19, issued by authorized institutions of the member states of the European Union trust network or authorized institutions of other foreign states with which Ukraine has concluded international agreements on the mutual recognition of COVID certificates with; or
- a negative rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT,Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry; or
- a negative certificate of a negative PCR test result done no more than 72 hours before the entry.
Test, vaccination and self-isolation are not required for children under 12 years of age.
Passengers from 12 to 18 years of age must have one of the above documents, but are exempted from self-isolation with the installation of the application “Вдома”.
Certificate of antibodies to COVID-19 will not be accepted.
In the presence of a vaccination certificate, a certificate confirming recovery from COVID-19, foreign citizens do not need to have a negative test, install the application “Вдома”, undergo self-isolation or do a test in Ukraine. In the absence of these documents, a foreign citizen must have a negative test result, install the application “Вдома”.
After installing the application “Вдома”, the passenger must undergo PCR testing or a rapid test for antigen within 72 hours. If a negative result is obtained, self-isolation is not applied. If no negative test result was received within 72 hours from the moment of crossing the border, the person must self-isolate for 10 days at the place indicated during authorization in the application “Вдома”. Self-isolation can be completed ahead of schedule, having received a negative PCR test result or rapid test for antigen.
IMPORTANT! Passengers arriving from or who have transited through India or Russian Fed. are subject to quarantine for 14 days. This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinopharm or Sinovac.
In case of impossibility or refusal to install the application “Вдома”, the passenger will be denied to cross the state border.
Exception! Self-isolation is not subject to (the application “Вдома” is not installed):
- persons under 18 years of age;
- foreigners and stateless persons who have documents confirming departure from the country within 48 hours;
- and others. A full list of categories exempt from self-isolation can be found at http://www.visitukraine.today
Citizens and permanent residents do not need a negative test result to return to Ukraine.
Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe for more than 7 days are not allowed to enter.
This does not apply to:
- nationals and residents of Ukraine;
- spouses and children of nationals of Ukraine;
- passengers with a diplomatic passport.
The above requirements are provided by a third-party source and subject to change without prior notice. Please check the IATA Travel Centre website and https://www.visitukraine.today before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from and arriving to.