Travelling to Russia during COVID-19 pandemic
Rules of entry for passengers arriving in the Russian Federation and/or traveling in transit.
1. The requirements for the citizens of the Russian Federation, their family members and permanent residents of Russia:
- Citizens of the Russian Federation must fill in the form "Registration of arrivals to the Russian Federation" on the Unified Portal of State and Municipal Services in electronic form before departure to the Russian Federation (when purchasing a ticket, but not later than check-in for the flight) in electronic form in the section "Registration of Arrivals to the Russian Federation". After following the necessary data in the form, a special QR code is sent to the passenger's email address. The code must be presented to the Rospotrebnadzor counter when passing the sanitary and quarantine control at the arrival airport.
2. The requirements for foreign citizens:
- Before arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation foreign citizens must fill in the form (download here) of arriving on the territory of the Russian Federation in English or Russian (it will be provided on board the aircraft, you can also pre-print and fill in). In the form, it is mandatory to fill in the boxes indicating the address of the location on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Foreign citizens arriving for the purpose of carrying out work activities must comply with the requirements for isolation for a period of 14 calendar days from the date of arrival on the territory of the Russian Federation.
- students with a written approval issued by their university. The approval must have been submitted to the Federal Security Service of the Russian Fed. by the university;
The above requirements are provided by a third-party source and subject to change without prior notice. Please check the IATA Travel Centre website before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from and arriving to.