“Azerbaijan Airlines” is introducing a new simplified policy for the calculation of checked baggage allowance based on the piece concept. From now on the calculation shall be made on the basis of the number of pieces of baggage. (Except on “Baku- Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen airport)- Baku” routes).
The sum of three dimensions of baggage (H х W х L) must not exceed 158centimetres.
The table below shows the checked baggage allowance on flights of “Azerbaijan Airlines” depending on class of services, as well as the fares for excess baggage:
Class of Service
Free baggage allowance
Charge for the excess baggage
2 pieces of baggage
32 kg each
For each subsequent extra piece - 50 EUR
or equivalent in local currency.
(50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD;
250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY; 1450 CZK)
1 piece of baggage not exceeding
For transfer transportation of baggage on all international directions and back excess baggage fee is 50 EUR (50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY; 1450 CZK).
On trough Baku to Istanbul route (Sabiha Gokcen airport) in the case of transfer passengers, baggage can be checked in only up to intermediate point (Baku, Heydar Aliyev International Airport).
Transfer transportation of baggage with the participation of several air carriers is performed based on IATA Resolution No. 302.
On code-share flights operated by partner airlines, the baggage allowance is calculated based on the allowance of actual operating carrier.
Free baggage allowance for individual routes may be changed by virtue of orders and instructions of Airline’s Management.
The participants of “AZAL-Miles” program have the opportunity to receive a bonus in the form of free carriage of one piece of baggage not exceeding 23 kg (32 kg in case of business class) in accordance with the rules and conditions of “AZAL-Miles” program
If the size of one piece of baggage exceeds 158 cm in the sum of three dimensions (but no more than 203 cm) additional charge of 50 EUR or its equivalent in local currency (50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY; 1450 CZK) shall apply.
- If the size of one piece of non-standard baggage exceeds 203 cm in the sum of three dimensions the additional charge of 100 EUR or its equivalent in local currency (100 AZN; 80 GBP; 130 USD; 500 AED; 23000 KZT; 800 CNY; 2900 CZK) shall apply.
- In the case if one piece baggage exceeds 23 kg (but not more than 32 kg) passenger must divide baggage into two pieces. In this case one baggage piece is carried free of charge, and for the second piece apply excess baggage to/ from all destinations 50 EUR (50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY; 1450 CZK)
- In the case if one piece baggage exceeds 23 kg (but not more than 32 kg) but passenger refuses to divide baggage into two pieces, - 100 EUR; (100 AZN; 80 GBP; 130 USD; 500 AED; 23000 KZT; 800 CNY; 2900 CZK) charge must be collected from passengers.
- Additional charges for excess weight of baggage apply to free allowance baggage (1-2 pieces), as well as extra pieces of baggage.
- Baggage the total weight of which exceeds 32 kg is checked and accepted for carriage only as cargo.
- Free baggage allowance of one piece of baggage total weight of which does not exceed 10 kg, and the sum of three dimensions makes no more than 115 cm is granted for children under the age of two travelling on the parents’ laps.
- For children aged 2 - 12 the baggage allowance is equal to that of an adult passenger.
- Baby strollers and wheelchairs of all types are carried strictly in the baggage hold and accepted for the carriage free of charge in addition to the established baggage allowance.
Transportation of animals in aircraft:
During the transportation of animals container (cage) with animal is not included into free baggage allowance and is paid as excess baggage.
Tariffs for the carriage of animals by “Azerbaijan Airlines”:
AVIH (animal in hold) – is not included to free baggage allowance and is charged at special rates taking into account the charge depending on weight and size of baggage (according to the class of service):
- Weight of animal and cage: under 32 kg – 50 EUR. (50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY;1450 CZK);
- Weight of animal and cage: 32 kg - 75 kg –100 EUR; (100 AZN; 80 GBP; 130 USD; 500 AED; 23000 KZT; 800 CNY; 2900 CZK)
- Size of the cage (sum of three dimensions) more than 158 cm (less than 203 cm) – additionally 50 EUR ;(50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY; 1450 CZK);
- Size of the cage (sum of three dimensions) more than 203 cm – additionally 100 Euro (100 AZN; 80 GBP;130 USD; 500 AED; 230000 KZT; 800 CNY; 2900 CZK)
PETC (animal in cabin) – is not included in the free hand baggage allowance and will be charged at the rate of 50 EUR (50 AZN; 40 GBP; 65 USD; 250 AED; 11500 KZT; 400 CNY;1450 CZK). Only two pets in cage (cat, dog, fancy birds) of the same yield total weight of which must not exceed 8 kg are accepted for the carriage in cabin. Size of container (cage) in sum of three dimension must not exceed 115 cm (55х20х40). The animal which weight together with its cage exceeds 8 kg the animal carriage is allowed for transportation in baggage compartment.
Animals weighting more than 75 kg are checked and accepted for the carriage only as cargo.
The transportation of live animals must be preliminary requested and approved in PNR through SSR.
Transportation of sports equipment in aircraft:
One set of skiing outfit, golfing kit and bicycle irrespective of its weight and size are carried free of charge in addition to the stipulated allowance. For all subsequent outfits and for the excess of their size and weight the corresponding charge shall apply.
All other sporting equipment and outfit are included in the free baggage allowance and if it exceeds the limitations (as well as of size and weight) the charge specified for excess baggage shall apply.
Transportation of sporting equipment (excluding tennis-rackets) in passenger compartment of aircraft is strictly forbidden, it is subject to carriage in baggage hold being properly packaged.
Transportation of sporting equipment must be requested and confirmed in advance in PNR through SSR:
Transportation of musical instruments in aircraft:
During the transportation in the cabin of bulky, fragile musical instruments, e.g. violoncello and others of the same size, an additional seat in the cabin must be paid for. Weight of the instrument must not exceed 75 kg, the size must not be more than 150х50х33 cm Cost of carriage is equal to an adult passenger tariff according to seats availability in the Automated Reservation System without collection of airport charges.
Contrabasses placed in rigid cases are carriage only in baggage compartment of aircraft.
Baggage allowance in the cabin (hand baggage) on flights of Azerbaijan Airlines:
Additionally to the free baggage allowance passengers are entitled to the free carriage of hand baggage in aircraft cabin.
Hand baggage allowance in the cabin:
- for the passengers of business class – 2 pieces total weighting 15 kg;
- for the passengers of economy class– 1 piece weighting 8 kg.
In sum of three dimensions the size of the first piece of hand baggage must not exceed 115 cm (55х20х40).
Additionally the following items may be carried in a cabin: hand-bags, brief case, portable computer, photographic camera or video camera, which is not included to the hand baggage allowance.
Baku–Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen airport)–Baku
On "Baku - Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen airport) - Baku" routes Weight Concept is applied until special instructions given.
For economy class free baggage allowance is 20 kg, for the business class free baggage allowance is 40 kg.
On Baku - Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen airport) - Baku route excess baggage fee is - 3 Euro per kg.